A completely personal telling of aging in place, this article on Innovate Building is a shining example of how aging in place improves quality of life for seniors. One of the key takeaways from this article: Stop maintenance before it stops you. The author talks openly about how homeowners tend to keep high-maintenance finishings in their homes. Things like hard to clean tiles or showers, which can become impossible as we age. Having the foresight to figure out what your needs will be in the future will ensure your success. Read the full article here.
- DWELL: A 1952 Midcentury Becomes a Wondrous, Wheelchair-Accessible Home
- Use It or Lose It: Maintaining Your Mobility As You Age
- SPINALCORD: 5 Amazing Wheelchair Accessible Tiny Homes
- BISNOW: Did Developers Badly Miscalculate How, Where Seniors Want To Live?
- DS: Before & After: A Modern, Wheelchair-Accessible Bathroom