Senior issues have become a hot topic for the 2019 Federal elections. Both the liberal and conservative parties have promises tax reductions and accessible housing. The Liberal party plans to overhaul senior housing with a plan that will cost the government $1.6 billion in 2020-21 and rise to $2.6 billion in 2023-24, according to the Parliamentary Budget Officer’s assessment. The Conservative party has made a more modest pledge, with increases in aid costing $553 million in the 2020-21 fiscal year and increase to $784 million by 2028-29. It’s refreshing to finally see some real numbers behind the growing issue of senior accessibility and housing, and it’s more important now than ever before. Read the full article here.
- DWELL: A 1952 Midcentury Becomes a Wondrous, Wheelchair-Accessible Home
- Use It or Lose It: Maintaining Your Mobility As You Age
- SPINALCORD: 5 Amazing Wheelchair Accessible Tiny Homes
- BISNOW: Did Developers Badly Miscalculate How, Where Seniors Want To Live?
- DS: Before & After: A Modern, Wheelchair-Accessible Bathroom