Open concept living is the cornerstone of accessible design. Tim and Trish Schroeder of Schroeder Design/Build remodelled their entire home to make it more accessible, and the result is a stunning example of style, functionality, and thoughtful design with thoughtful elements like rounded countertop edges to avoid injury, and self-closing hinges on the doors that gently closes them as opposed to being slammed. View the full gallery here.
- DWELL: A 1952 Midcentury Becomes a Wondrous, Wheelchair-Accessible Home
- Use It or Lose It: Maintaining Your Mobility As You Age
- SPINALCORD: 5 Amazing Wheelchair Accessible Tiny Homes
- BISNOW: Did Developers Badly Miscalculate How, Where Seniors Want To Live?
- DS: Before & After: A Modern, Wheelchair-Accessible Bathroom