Imagine a truly accessible kitchen that can be modified to suit both able bodies chefs and those with mobility issues. These illustrations from Arch Daily showcase a kitchen with adjustable countertops (can also be modified for office spaces) so that making your way around the kitchen is simple and effective for any level of mobility, height requirement, or aid. The kitchen also features storage space that moves up and down, saving space and allowing for a greater range of functionality. See the full gallery here.
- DWELL: A 1952 Midcentury Becomes a Wondrous, Wheelchair-Accessible Home
- Use It or Lose It: Maintaining Your Mobility As You Age
- SPINALCORD: 5 Amazing Wheelchair Accessible Tiny Homes
- BISNOW: Did Developers Badly Miscalculate How, Where Seniors Want To Live?
- DS: Before & After: A Modern, Wheelchair-Accessible Bathroom