Visitability is a movement to change construction practices so that virtually all new homes offer specific features that make the home easier for people with mobility impairment to visit—or to live in. The design principle signifies a move to more universally accessible homes that keep accessibility in mind for all newly designed spaces so that those with disabilities can not only live comfortably but also visit accessibly. Read the full article here.
- DWELL: A 1952 Midcentury Becomes a Wondrous, Wheelchair-Accessible Home
- Use It or Lose It: Maintaining Your Mobility As You Age
- SPINALCORD: 5 Amazing Wheelchair Accessible Tiny Homes
- BISNOW: Did Developers Badly Miscalculate How, Where Seniors Want To Live?
- DS: Before & After: A Modern, Wheelchair-Accessible Bathroom