What does it mean to have accessible appliances? When it comes to dishwashers, it means having a machine that is 32 inches tall and has digital controls to avoid difficult hand movements. When you’re looking for new appliances for your home, think about how you would use them if your mobility or dexterity became more limited. When testing out appliances, pay attention to the motions required to manoeuvre it, and try sitting in a chair to load and unload to see how the appliance would function when seated. Check out the full list of dishwashers here.
- DWELL: A 1952 Midcentury Becomes a Wondrous, Wheelchair-Accessible Home
- Use It or Lose It: Maintaining Your Mobility As You Age
- SPINALCORD: 5 Amazing Wheelchair Accessible Tiny Homes
- BISNOW: Did Developers Badly Miscalculate How, Where Seniors Want To Live?
- DS: Before & After: A Modern, Wheelchair-Accessible Bathroom