Couches are an expensive purchase, so if you’re thinking of replacing your current model anytime soon, it may be worthwhile to consider if your couch will be functional for you as you age. Things like height and depth can make it challenging to sit down and stand up, and things like manual footrests can be difficult to use as we age. Check out this handy guide on buying a couch with accessibility in mind.
- DWELL: A 1952 Midcentury Becomes a Wondrous, Wheelchair-Accessible Home
- Use It or Lose It: Maintaining Your Mobility As You Age
- SPINALCORD: 5 Amazing Wheelchair Accessible Tiny Homes
- BISNOW: Did Developers Badly Miscalculate How, Where Seniors Want To Live?
- DS: Before & After: A Modern, Wheelchair-Accessible Bathroom