Many older adults have spent decades raising families in their homes and want to remain in the home where they’ve created so many cherished memories as long as they can. Aging in place offers more independent living and is a more cost-effective option than living in an assisted living facility. By implementing home modifications that allow you to stay in your home for a longer period of time. By implementing home modifications that support aging in place, today’s seniors are able to maintain their independence, and in the long run, may save a substantial amount of money on senior living. Read the full article here.
- DWELL: A 1952 Midcentury Becomes a Wondrous, Wheelchair-Accessible Home
- Use It or Lose It: Maintaining Your Mobility As You Age
- SPINALCORD: 5 Amazing Wheelchair Accessible Tiny Homes
- BISNOW: Did Developers Badly Miscalculate How, Where Seniors Want To Live?
- DS: Before & After: A Modern, Wheelchair-Accessible Bathroom